Labels

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Lay in a Course, Mr Chekov.

Had I not been a Knight, what could I have been? We make choices that set the course of our lives and this choice denies us that other one. I couldabeen a human factors scientist in my middle years.  I came to Oz with that intent: to work on aircraft design. But as touched upon in the last discussion in this place of Ales and tales, the aircraft bizzo was packing up.

But science, aviation, cosmology, exploration, adventure, machines that fly are all deep in my soul and remain in abeyance. I am relegated in my sunset years to observing rather than doing.

I spent many a year telling pilots where to go. Yea, even unto correcting Navigators who needed a fix. But that was with my feet on the ground and my backside in a swivelling chair.  I could see a very long way. Not so much now, but....  as now, I could not see as far as some.

I saw this chap coming though, and had a pint waiting for him.

A facinating chap - although he looked anying but -  dropped in to tickle my fancies and entertain with a superbly informative and so very well delivered talk in the bars. 

I am busy right now wiping tables (someone has to do it) so I shall let Mr Paul Shillito take it from here and expand your minds.

If you like maths and science and space, be like the crew of the Enterprise and thoroughly enjoy.


Pull your own ales. I am out there somewhere.

Pax

3 comments:

  1. I have been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content
    as you did, the internet will be a lot more
    useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, yeah this post is actually fastidious and I have learned lot of things from itt regarding blogging.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Open invitation to pull our own ales. Shall gladly oblige and leave a shilling.

    ReplyDelete

Ne meias in stragulo aut pueros circummittam.

Our Bouncer is a gentleman of muscle and guile. His patience has limits. He will check you at the door.

The Tavern gets rowdy visitors from time to time. Some are brain dead and some soul dead. They attack customers and the bar staff and piss on the carpets. Those people will not be allowed in anymore. So... Be Nice..