Labels

Friday, February 27, 2015

On Holiday

Visitors and regular customers will have found the Tavern Keeper absent these past few days. I shall continue to be absent for a few more days too.

Meanwhile there is plenty of fare here; full barrels; spreads of fine brain and soul foods. I shall be back next week.

May I recommend accessing some of the fine bloggers listed down the right side-wall. They are all fine windows to the outside world of the Hilary's Villagers and sundry demons. Many have antidotes to the plagues that beset the Valley of Tears.

Say  Rosary or two for me. I shall be saying a few for the fine and gallant aviators that will entertain me at the jousts tomorrow (Saturday) at the Avalon Air Show.

May their displays be spectacular and just safe enough.

My thanks and affections have been called upon by two splendid lady-friends on my travels.  They have treated me graciously and generously. Kathy and Wanda, may God smile upon you. Grace is always available for you in my Tavern.

And of course, my great love goes to my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased, and his lady Lydia, a fine gal, for their welcoming accommodations for my visit.




Pax.





8 comments:

  1. We loved having you stay with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please come and see us every time you're visiting the big smoke. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To have my tummy poked and my beard pulled? Of course. Hahahaha. I really enjoy your wonderful company and that of all those small children of yours. It makes me a Grand-dad momentarily. :)

      Delete
  3. You survived the dreaded Bass Strait then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, now, that rough stretch was as mild as a lake, there and back.

      Delete
  4. I am waiting patiently for the Tavern Keeper to return to his Tavern and share some tales with customers of the Tavern ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are indeed patient and I have been tardy. So many bartops to wipe down; so many floors to mop. And the gardens look a mess. The staff will get a talk.

      Delete

Ne meias in stragulo aut pueros circummittam.

Our Bouncer is a gentleman of muscle and guile. His patience has limits. He will check you at the door.

The Tavern gets rowdy visitors from time to time. Some are brain dead and some soul dead. They attack customers and the bar staff and piss on the carpets. Those people will not be allowed in anymore. So... Be Nice..